Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Trending Tuesdays :: Infographics



I love teaching with visuals. The colors, typography, and images marry to make an eye-catching yet informational work of art. Infographics have blown 1990s pie charts and graphs out of the water. For reals. 

And now companies have jumped the bandwagon and are opening sites where we -- you know, non-graphic designers -- can create our own infographics. I'm happy because I like creating these kinds of things but I don't have the know-how or time to learn. Smorevisual.ly, and piktochart (where the above infographic orginated) are just three of the sites I've perused and liked. You can use their free services or spend a few dimes and upgrade. I'm planning on playing around with these programs, and if all goes well, I may upgrade. Now that I'm moving my classroom to all-digital, creating my own infographics for my seniors may prove beneficial. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment